LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF was the basis of a six-hour Staff Enrichment Day held earlier this year for a leading non-profit hospice in the Southeast of the United States. The participants in the program were hospice staff from all areas of the organization, including physician assistant, registered nurse, CNA, social worker, and administrative staff that provide medical, emotional, and spiritual care to those with life-limiting and end-of-life illnesses.
The program's purpose was to introduce the participants to the concepts of LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF and its benefits, provide an understanding of how to apply the concepts in one's individual life, and discuss opportunities for making it an integral part of the workplace. The Executive Director and management initiated the request for the program after viewing the website. They were fully onboard in discussing the concepts to help elevate both the individual and the organization.
The program was designed to be interactive with discussions, breakout sessions, and report outs.
Feedback on the Concepts
The participants provided feedback on the concepts that most resonated with them. A few of the comments grouped by key Philosophy for LYF concepts are listed below.
|Your Life's Core Values: Goodness, Open-mindedness, Gratefulness, Respectfulness, Courageousness||
|Your Life's Strategy: LRN LAF LUV LIV||
|Your Life's Mission: Grow True Wealth and Give True Worth||
|Your Life's Vision: An Elevated Life||
Overall Feedback on the Program and the Philosophy
Participants also provided overall feedback on LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF and the Philosophy for LYF:
- Positive way to live!
- Encourages one to always be moving forward and not reflect negatively
- Creative and so practical
- Really well articulated–concepts that I think many people feel and believe in but have never articulated
- I feel as if these concepts should be applied to your daily life as it helps to break down each category and get the true meaning
- LUV it, we all need a reminder to be good to ourselves in order to be good to others
- Gave me time to think about everyday life rather than just work day after day
- Excellent concepts and helped to put my life into perspective
The feedback from this Staff Enrichment Day was inspirational and is being used to prepare additional short and long programs for organizations and other groups that want to implement and benefit from the philosophy's concepts.