LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF is a credo, a belief, a way, and a path to elevate the lives of individuals like you and me. It provides a framework, concepts, and steps to take to better our lives.
A similar framework can be used to elevate organizations––groups of individuals organized for a common purpose. Organizations that embrace the framework and its concepts can become organizations of goodness and make their organizations measurably better. LRN LAF LUV LIV for Organizations can be used by organizations of all types, including for-profit and non-profit, small and large, local and global. The concepts are universal.
An organization can embrace the LRN LAF LUV LIV framework in two primary ways:
- The organization can actively support individuals who want to better their lives through LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF.
- The organization can apply the concepts of LRN LAF LUV LIV for Organizations to itself to create and sustain an elevated organization.
Elevating the Individual
In the first approach, the organization actively supports individuals who want to apply LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF to elevate their lives. Individuals can include anyone with whom the organization interacts, including employees, associates, staff, contractors, volunteers, customers, clients, and other individuals in the community serviced or impacted by the organization.
Examples of active support include:
- Providing employees opportunities to leverage their strengths at work
- Providing employees opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Providing employees opportunities to eat healthy and to exercise
- Providing individuals a lunch-and-learn on LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF.
The organization benefits in several important ways. Better lives in general make better employees at work, and better employees are the heart of making better organizations. Supporting customers and clients to LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF provides goodwill to the organization.
Elevating the Organization
In the second approach, the organization applies the concepts of LRN LAF LUV LIV for Organizations to elevate the organization itself. A full embrace of the concepts will change or strengthen the core values and the culture of the organization with goodness as its underpinning. It will enlighten its mission to grow the organization's true wealth and give the organization's true worth. It will foster the application of LRN, LAF, LUV, and LIV in all its actions: it will become a learning organization and an empowering one, an enjoyable place to work and an uplifting one for customers, an organization that values its staff and its capabilities and one that customers find nurturing and supportive, and an organization that maximizes its capabilities and inspires the community.
An organization that applies the concepts creates true value internally to its staff and externally to its customers and partners. In addition, an organization that applies the concepts to itself makes it easier for staff to LRN LAF LUV LIV for LYF at work as well as at home. It is a wealth-worth win-win for both the organization and the staff.
A Lens for Organizational Decision Making
LRN LAF LUV LIV for Organizations is a lens through which the organization’s decisions can be passed through.
- Does the decision align with goodness and the supporting core values of open-mindedness, gratefulness, respectfulness, and courageousness?
- Does the decision support LRN LAF LUV LIV actions?
- Does the decision support growing true wealth and giving true worth?
- Does the decision support the elevation of the organization?
There is much, much more to this topic of LRN LAF LUV LIV for Organizations. There are benefits for organizations to think beyond "good to great" and instead embrace the even better "good to goodness". There are strategic and cultural changes that need to be implemented. These will be discussed in future articles.