Week 7 is a time to live your full mission inward and outward to experience your life upward and elevated.
The Philosophy for LYF provides a path to your better life. The path is broken into steps. Each step you take is an incremental improvement of where you were before. And each step you take builds off the previous steps to reinforce what you have changed.
A week is suggested for each step—long enough for you to meet the objective of each step, but short enough to keep you moving forward and gaining experience in each key concept.
This post provides more detail and a template for Week 7. If you have not started on the path to your better life, click here to start at Week 0.
Live it all
Live your full mission inward and outward to experience your life upward and elevated.
Week 7 focuses on living all of the key concepts of the Philosophy for LYF every day. It applies all of your practice and progress over the past six weeks in:
- Aligning your personal values to the core values of goodness, open-mindedness, gratefulness, respectfulness, and courageousness;
- Growing true wealth by living the four deeds of goodness (LRN, LAF, LUV, and LIV) toward yourself, that is, improving, enjoying, valuing, and realizing the goodness in yourself;
- Giving true worth by living the four deeds of goodness toward others, that is, empowering, uplifting, nurturing, and inspiring the goodness in others; and
- Living the four deeds of goodness concurrently in your actions to experience moments of personal and divine elevations.
This week gives you opportunities to fully embrace the concepts and their interconnections. To help you focus and be hyperaware of opportunities to “live it all”, this week has you briefly review the concepts twice a day and visualize yourself living them. Repeat the steps for each day. Use the Week 7 template that follows.
Step 1. Within the first 30 minutes of waking up each day, take five minutes to review the “LYF Concepts Refresher” below to remind you of the key concepts of the Philosophy for LYF. End your review with a clear idea of how you plan to incorporate these concepts into your upcoming day. If you have a schedule for the day (for example, meetings, social encounters, tasks at home or at work or at school, time set aside for yourself), visualize where you can emphasize your goodness and perform LRN LAF LUV LIV to grow true wealth and give true worth.
Step 2. At a midpoint in your day, take a five-minute checkpoint of how the first half of your day went and how they aligned with the key concepts.
- Were your core values aligned to goodness, open-mindedness, gratefulness, respectfulness, and courageousness?
- Did you grow true wealth for yourself? Did you improve, enjoy, value, and/or realize the goodness in yourself?
- Did you give true worth to others? Did you empower, uplift, nurture, and/or inspire the goodness in others?
- Did you experience a moment of personal or divine elevation?
Double your focus to "live it all" if you fell short in positive answers to these questions. Take a couple of minutes to review the “LYF Concepts Refresher” again and visualize how you may see yourself applying the concepts through the rest of the day.
Step 3. Before the end of each day, write down what you have done that relate to each of the LRN LAF LUV LIV deeds of goodness. Distinguish between the deeds of goodness done toward yourself (to grow true wealth) and deeds of goodness done toward others (to give true worth). Make sure these were actions of goodness.
Summarize any personal elevations and divine elevations experienced and how that made you feel or how others were positively impacted through your goodness.
Were you bad to yourself or others? Were there opportunities to do goodness that you passed up and regret or did not notice until this reflection? Write down these misalignments and missed opportunities. Before going to sleep, determine how you will do better the next day.
LYF Concepts Refresher
Grow your true wealth and give your true worth to experience an elevated life, full of jubilant personal and divine elevations, by dedicating your life to doing the four deeds of goodness both inward toward self and outward toward others:
LRN to improve goodness in yourself and empower goodness in others
LAF to enjoy goodness in yourself and uplift goodness in others
LUV to value goodness in yourself and nurture goodness in others
LIV to realize goodness in yourself and inspire goodness in others.
Leave a Reply